Open to young people aged 14-18 who love a challenge and working with their hands, the Creative Dimension Trust is running a summer workshop at National Glass Centre.
The Trust's workshops are held at venues across the UK, covering various disciplines and are led by world-leading craft specialists.
Hot Glass: Tradition and Contemporary Craft Process – Sunderland
Working with the full facilities of the University of Sunderland at the National Glass Centre, students will develop colourful and contemporary design outcomes using Hot Glass. They will incorporate traditional Hot Glass processes as well as experience the innovative Fab Lab resources.
TCDT Tutor, Kalki Mansell is a professional Glass Designer and Maker and has worked in glass studios across the world and is currently based in the National Glass Centre producing work for a wide range of clients.
Participants must be able to attend every day from 24 - 28 July 2017.
If you have any queries then please email email@example.com
APPLICATION CRITERIA AND WORKSHOP INFORMATION
- The workshops are fully funded, and are free for those attending.
- You must be aged between 14 and 18 years of age, have experience of, and enjoy working with your hands, and have aspirations to pursue further study or a career in the creative industries.
- Please provide as much relevant information as possible to support your application. We are looking for evidence of creative flair, good hand-eye co-ordination and a real desire to excel.
- Places at the workshop are strictly limited, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
- Classes normally run between 9.30am and 4.30pm, but can vary depending on the venue.
- You will need to attend every class in order to complete your chosen workshop.
- The days can be intensive, so be prepared to work hard and challenge yourself.
- You are responsible for making your own way to the workshop venue. Please take the time to check the location of the venue and your means of transport before you apply for your place.